Student Complaint Process

Informal Complaint

Central Wyoming College requires that you first make every effort to informally resolve a complaint or concern. It is important that you talk directly with the faculty, staff or administrator with whom you have a complaint in order for them to have an opportunity to hear your concerns and work with you to resolve the issue.

If your complaint or concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may move into the formal complaint process.

Formal Complaint

After exhausting the informal complaint process directly with the person with whom you have the complaint or concern, you should utilize the formal complaint process. To submit a formal complaint, you must complete the student complaint form by logging into myCentral and click on the icon titled, “Student Complaint Form.”

Central Wyoming College should be a respectful, safe, and inclusive environment in which to learn. If you are aware of behavior violating these principles, please provide us the opportunity to address the situation by reporting it to the Dean of Students at 307-855-2029, Rustler Central,

If the student does not feel the complaint is being addressed appropriately, he/she may contact the Wyoming State Post-Secondary Review Entity or The Higher Learning Commission; Member-North Central Association, CWC’s accrediting body. The WyoSPRE can be reached through the State Department of Education, Hathaway Building, Second Floor, Cheyenne, WY, 82002, or by calling 307.777.7675. The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education may be contacted at 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL, 60602 or by telephone at 312.263.0456 or 800.621.7440.