Grade Appeals

Faculty members have both the right and responsibility to set their own grading standards, to judge student work according to these standards, and to assign grades. A student who believes that a grade has been assigned improperly should visit first with the faculty member and then, if necessary, with the Dean. If the issue is not resolved at that level, the student may file an Academic Petition available through the Student Records Office.